четверг, 26 мая 2011 г.

Memoirs of a Vampire


Sleep

I dreamed about him again, one of the dreams are vivid, frightening, one in which they must run for your life, run as he had never flown before. But I could not run because something inside me held, someone who was looking for. I was on the edge of a cliff on a summer day where the sun rose on a blue sky as perfect as a robin's egg, with a gentle breeze and mysterious land through my hair and stirring about. It seemed like I was looking for another dream, but could not remember which. I concluded the only way to find the other dream was to kill me, but then someone who was both present and absent, someone with a sweet voice said: "You can not swim." Ignoring the voice, I looked at the calm sea below, and not to fear or hesitation, I jumped.
I plunged into the water, spitting and coughing. My body submerged in the sea my hands shaking helplessly as it sank. Out of nowhere, someone was launched after me and grabbed my hand, pulling me up. In a few seconds, he had dragged me to shore. He knelt beside me and stroked the hair of my face half drowned. I opened my eyes slowly, coughing my mouth water. The sun shone on the face of the unknown, so is gold, and persistent water droplets at the ends of her hair glistened like diamonds on velvet. Seemed to be only eighteen years old, but looking more deeply into her eyes, looked much older.

"Are you okay, Miss?" he asked.

I was still in the hot sand without any problems, feeling totally stunned. He said something, but my mind was confused, and I did not hear. A sudden explosion woke me from my trance, followed by another explosion, louder than the first and closer. Now he was inside a dream where we were in the midst of a war. The two dreams are mashed into one, a dream within a dream, but I was only present in one of them. However, I could see and hear everything that was happening.
"You know," he said in confusion.

"No," she said quietly. "You have to go. Please do not look for me."

"Why?" I said.

"It is forbidden, are coming!"

The earth began to shake. The sea rose towards the sky and the sand collapsed, it started to collapse on the floor, with a roar. The air was filled with the roar of thousands of tons of rocks rolling, rolling in the fiery abyss. We were about to fall into the infinite abyss with no one around to help. We stared at each other, as if to ignore the chaos around us. Only he knew what would happen, what kind of forces approached me, after all, I was in your dream. The throbbing grew to a great tumult, and we were on the verge of falling. It was too late. We were dropping with ominous dream slow-down, down, down toward the cruel hot magma below.

That's when I shot awake. I blinked, just forget her face.